We offer an educational and fun experience encompassing insights into the Cape Malay culture in Bo-Kaap from a culinary perspective. Designed by Zainie and hosted in her home, your guide will entertain you with stories of the food and culture of Bo-Kaap whilst returning to Zanie's kitchen to cook up a storm.
Our journey starts at a local grocer in Bo-Kaap then continues to the local spice merchants to teach you how to shop for spices. After a brief stroll through the cobbled streets and a little bit of history we return to Zainie's home.
In the cooking class, guests will discover the secrets of mixing Masala, making Dhaltjies (Chilli Bites), preparing and folding Samoosas, making and frying Rootis and learning the traditional way to cook a mouth-watering Cape Malay Curry which you will enjoy in a sit down lunch whilst being entertained you with local recipes and stories of food, culture and life.
Refreshments and tasters are served before Lunch, thereafter you will receive a recipe booklet together with bag of Zainie's special Masala Mix for your first curry meal.
START TIME: 10h30 or 09h30 (in some cases)
MEETING POINT: Rose Corner Cafe - 100 Wale Street (Opposite the Bo-Kaap Museum)
WALKING TOUR: 45min
COOKING LESSON: 1hr 30min
END TIME: 14h00
NOTE: - Cancellations of your bookings more that 72 hours prior the event is liable of no cancellation fees, cancellations done at within 72 hours prior to the event, will liable for 25% cancellation, however cancellation of 24 hours or less is liable for the full 100% cancellation fee.
**NOTE: The 'Pay On Arrival' option is exclusively cash payments on the day of the tour.
Three and a half (3 1/2) hour food tour experience consisting of a walking tour, cooking class, and a sit down traditional lunch.
Take-away's include a recipe booklet covering the cooking course together with Zainie's pre-mixed Masala.
Alcohol and Video Recording.
Not strenuous, light paced walking.
What to bring
Hats when it's sunny and an umbrella when it's rainy.
What to wear
10:30 AM Rose Corner Cafe - 100 Wale Street (Opposite The Bo-Kaap Museum)
46 Rose Street
- Cancellations of your bookings more that 72 hours before the event is liable of no cancellation fees, cancellations done at within 72 hours prior to the event, will liable for 25% cancellation, however cancellation of 24 hours or less is liable for the full 100% cancellation fee.
- All cancellations need to be submitted by email to email@example.com .
Some Terms & Conditions
- All bookings must be done either by email or via the contact form on our website.
- Bookings will be confirmed via email when minimum quotas are filled. If below the minimum quota, you will be notified via email or call at least 48 hours before the booking date, whereby we might have to cancel or reschedule you into another available day.
- A min 24hr notice period is required for all booking confirmations.
- For payment via Credit Card, ID document required on arrival
- The 'Pay On Arrival' option is exclusively for cash payments on the day of the tour.
* NO VIDEO RECORDING ALLOWED *
No reviews yet